How To Open & Fill Our Stainless Steel Torches
If you just purchased some of our stainless steel torches and are ready to set them up, but unsure about how to open and fill the fuel canisters, you're in the right spot!
All of our 5-foot and tabletop stainless steel torches have the same child-lock mechanism that can make them a little tricky to open without instructions so we've put together a tutorial video to show you how it's done!
Don't want to watch a video? Jump below to our written out step-by-step directions.
Here's a step-by-step guide you can follow too:
- Remove the snuffer from the torch top. **Note: For the round tabletop torches, the fuel canister is removable and can be pulled out prior to filling. For all of our other stainless steel torches, the fuel canister is built into the torch.
- Press down on the flame guard while turning it counter clockwise to disengage the child-safety lock (you'll hear a small click).
- Continue turning until the flame guard is unscrewed.
- Remove the flame guard and wick, and set them to the side.
- Place a funnel in the fuel canister opening to prevent spills.
- Fill the fuel canister no more than 3/4 full with any Patio Essentials torch fuel (this will prevent fuel overflow when you reinsert the wick).
- Replace the wick and flame guard by screwing it back onto the torch head, pressing down to re-engage the child safety lock (you'll hear another small click).
- If you've removed the fuel canister from the round tabletop torches, replace it into the tabletop torches.
- Allow the wick to absorb the torch fuel for at least 10 minutes before lighting.
- Use a long lighter to light your torches.
That's it! It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it and then you can get to enjoying your table top torches!
All of our torches can be used with either our Citronella-Scented or Scatterbug torch fuels to help keep mosquitoes at bay. Don't forget about our barrier of protection method when you're setting up your torches! If you're lucky enough to not have a mosquito problem, and are just looking for a little cozy ambiance from your torches, try our 100% plant-based Nature's Flame torch fuel for a smoke-free burn.
Once you've used your new torches quite a bit, you might find yourself in need of some replacement wicks. All of our stainless steel torches use our 1/4" diameter fiberglass wicks, though you will need to cut them shorter for the round tabletop torches.